Optomap Retinal Imaging
Drop the Drops with Optomap Retinal Imaging
Drs. Mewborne and Ellis' Optometry are proud to provide the most advanced technology available in retinal screening today! Our ability to view your internal retinal health is now dramatically improved wtih the Optomap®
What is Optomap?
In the past, the only way your doctor could perform a full retinal examination was to use dilating drops. These drops enlarge the pupil and allow the doctor to see portions of the retina that are not normally visible. This type of test is necessary to look for problems such as retinal detachments and tumors, which could lead to a partial loss of vision or complete blindness.
Optomap is fast, easy and comfortable!
It does NOT require dilating drops (which result in blurred vision and sensitivity to light)
- An annual eye wellness scan
- An in-depth view of the retinal layers (where diseases can start)
- The ability to show the patient the images during the exam
- A permanent record for your medical file, giving your doctor the ability to compare images for diagnosing and tracking potential diseases of the eye
Early Detection is Crucial!
Drs. Mewborne and Ellis would like for all of their patients to have an Optomap Retinal Exam annually. It is especially important if you have one or more of the following conditions:
- History of retinal holes or detachments
- Loss of peripheral vision
- High amounts of nearsightedness
- Family history of glaucoma
- Flashes of light and/or floaters
- Trauma to the eye
- Diabetes and/or Hypertension